Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Pepper beef

Recent studies show that Kerala is fast losing its status as world’s largest pepper producer to Vietnam and Indonesia. Ironically, studies also show that we are gaining our status among the largest pepper consuming couples of the world;) In short, we love black pepper, especially when combined with meat. Pepper Beef is a ‘gosh! how easy is that’ recipe handed over from my mom-in-law, and tastes great with wheat rotis or any of the rice rotis of kerala.

Recipe

Boneless beef, cut into small pieces: 1 lb
Red onions, finely sliced: 1 lb
Black pepper, coarsely crushed ( finely powdered pepper is fine, but I think biting into tiny tidbits of pepper adds the oomph to this curry ) : 4 t
Ginger-garlic paste : 2t
Tomato, cubed : 1
Oil : 5 T
Cinnamon stick , 2 inch piece
Clove, cardamom : 2 each
Curry leaf : 4/5
Salt
No, NO water please

Heat oil in the pressure cooker, add onions and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients, close lid and cook on medium heat until two whistles, then reduce the heat to low, and cook for 20 minutes. Done!



5 comments:

Ashwini said...

My sis in law makes a similar chicken one and raves about how much it gets appreciated! I think I will try this.

Tina Jennifer D'Silva said...

Hey Reshma, We eat beef atleast once a week as my hubby is really fond of it. & each time I make it, its always a different recipe. So the next week, I will try this out & let you know abt it soon.

Meenal Mehta said...

hey reshma ,

will try this one .thanks for sharing:)

reshma said...

Ashwini, Tina , Meenal, do let me know how it turned out:)

Dawn said...

That looks yummy....:)
Your blog is cool with receipes and pics make the mouth watering :)

u r on the rock...
I will try this one for sure
cheers